Fenton Crackshell, alias the crime-fighting Gizmoduck, heads to St. Canard in pursuit of Steelbeak. The F.O.W.L. agent soon finds out and frames Darkwing so Gizmoduck will think he's evil. The two fight it out, while Steelbeak tries to steal a new, top-secret weapon.
Eggman: There’s the Egret, all gift wrapped and ready to steal.
Gizmoduck: Sorry, evildoers! The only prize you’re getting is the booby prize.
Gizmoduck: It's time for me, Gizmoduck, or rather me... [changes out of the Gizmosuit] ...Fenton Crackshell, to drop in on my pal, Launchpad McQuack!
[Meanwhile, Launchpad pops out of hiding place.]
"If dere's one t'ing I hate, it's excuses! ...Make dat two t'ings I hate. Excuses, an' a seven-ten split! [Darkwing shows up] Okay, make dat three things."
"I am da stinkbug dat smears your windshield! I am da cotton swab dat gets stuck in your ear! I am Darkwing Duck!"
Gizmoduck: Well, if you're not a crook, how come you're wearing a mask?
Darkwing: Hey, hey. Let's not get personal, helmet-head!
"Attention FOWL Agents! Come up with your hands up, or I, Gizmoduck, shall give you a sound thrashing!"
"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! What are these two tryin' to do, talk each other to death?"
- Chronologically, this episode marks Gizmoduck's first appearance on Darkwing Duck. However, due to the anachronistic airing order, it ended up airing as Gizmoduck's second appearance on the show (the first being "Just Us Justice Ducks").
- This was one of four Darkwing Duck episodes that was banned after its initial airings (the other three being "Aduckyphobia", "Bearskin Thug", and "Hot Spells"). Oddly enough, clips from this episode were used in Toon Disney's promos for the show in 2002-04.
- Scrooge McDuck has a cameo on a sign saying "Welcome to Duckburg" as Fenton changes out of his Gizmoduck suit behind the sign.
- Darkwing telling Gizmoduck that "they shoot the dog in the last act [of the movie playing at the theater when they crash through the roof" is likely a reference to the Disney film Old Yeller.
- At the end of this episode, Steelbeak is seen for a moment standing in the back of the police truck with his hands behind his back as if he was handcuffed. Yet, when the vehicle drives off, he puts his hands around the window bars.
Home video releasesEdit
- Darkwing Duck: Birth of Negaduck!