"The Status Seekers" is the fifty-eighth episode of DuckTales. It is an adaptation of the Uncle Scrooge comic story "The Status Seeker" by Carl Barks.
Seeking respect from other members of Duckburg's elite, Scrooge hunts down a hideously ugly mask that he gave away.
- DuckTales: Volume 3
Differences from the original comicEdit
- Besides the obvious "Donald's not in this version."
- The MacGuffin in the original comic was not the Mask of Kuthu-lulu, but rather a gem called the Candy-Striped Ruby.
- The comic's antagonist was one of the many iterations of Barks' recurring pig villain, here named Porkman De Lardo, and the Beagle Boys he hired were the generic type rather than the rich variants seen in this episode.
- In the comic, the bad guys' tracking device was a magnetic trout, and the scene of the nephews discovering it came before the encounter with the giant jellyfish. Scrooge got rid of the tracking device by sticking it to a shovel and leaving it there.
- Since the Candy-Striped Ruby was replaced with the Mask of Kuthu-lulu, the last scene in this episode was not present in the comic.