Super DuckTales is a five-part serial from the second season of the Disney animated series DuckTales. Originally aired as a television movie on The Magical World of Disney, it served as the introduction to Fenton Crackshell and his alter-ego GizmoDuck.
Part 1: "Liquid Assets"Edit
In order to move his Money Bin after the Beagle Boys change the new freeway route, Scrooge hires an accountant, and Fenton Crackshell gets the job.
Part 2: "Frozen Assets"Edit
After accidentally losing the Number One Dime to the Beagle Boys, Fenton makes several attempts to get it back, eventually becoming the cybernetic superhero GizmoDuck.
Part 3: "Full Metal Duck"Edit
GizmoDuck becomes a sensation with the people of Duckburg – that is, until Ma Beagle and her smartest son, Megabyte Beagle, make a remote control with which to make him work for them.
Part 4: "The Billionaire Beagle Boys Club"Edit
After the Beagles get GizmoDuck to steal Scrooge's fortune for them and land Scrooge in jail, the nephews work to save the day.
Part 5: "Money to Burn"Edit
Alien robots invade and steal Scrooge's Money Bin so that it can be melted down to produce more metal.
- At the very beginning, when Bouncer remarks "Yeah, [we're getting Ma] a nest egg for her retirement!", he speaks in Baggy's voice.
- When "Liquid Assets" is shown in syndicated reruns (such as on Toon Disney), the scene where Scrooge threatens Fenton by shooting him is cut out. Unfortunately, this edit led to some confusion among new viewers, because it also cuts out Scrooge testing Fenton's counting ability immediately afterward. The scene was fortunately restored for the DVD release in 2007.
- The ending of "Liquid Assets" (more specifically, the Beagles' attempts at breaking the dam) is based off of the Carl Barks story "Only a Poor Old Man".
- Given the problems that arose in "Armstrong" and "Robot Robbers", Scrooge should know better than to entrust a robot to guard his Money Bin.
- Fenton's quote, "Of course you know, this means a skirmish," is a parody of Bugs Bunny's catch phrase, "Of course you know, this means war!" Notably, in the "movie" version of this serial, this line was changed to "Okay, so they're looking for a skirmish!"
- When Fenton is disguised as "Bermuda Beagle", he wears a prison placard that reads "12345".
- This is the only time Doofus Drake makes an appearance in the second season - he makes a brief, one-shot cameo while Gizmoduck is bringing the nephews home.
- Besides Ma Beagle and Megabyte, the featured Beagles are Big Time, Burger, Bouncer, and Baggy. Babyface, Bebop, and Bankjob also make a few cameos in parts 3 and 4, but they have no lines. This is also the only time the latter three appear in any of the later seasons.
- One of the criminals in the jail Megabyte is in looks exactly like Maddog McGurk from "Duckman of Aquatraz".
- When the Gizmosuit's battery runs dead, Mrs. Crackshell repowers it by hooking it up to a car nearby. This experiment would be repeated in the Darkwing Duck comic story "Watt's the Problem!"
- Although Webra Walters says that she's quitting in "Full Metal Duck", she would make several more appearances in later episodes as well as on Darkwing Duck.
- Webby only appears in "The Billionaire Beagle Boys Club", and she doesn't have any lines.
- "Full Metal Duck" is a reference to the movie title Full Metal Jacket.
- DuckTales: Volume 3